Hello!! Welcome back to Maggie’s Doodles! My family and I are planning a trip to Gatlinburg, TN this fall and I cannot tell you how stoked I am!! 😍 I’m really, really excited to do fall photography, nature photographs, and city photography, as well as getting to hike and see the beautiful views! We’re working out the details, saving money for it, and brainstorming how we can make the most of our stay. I can’t WAIT!!
I thought it’d be a lot of fun to start a series going over the various details of our trip! The first one that came to mind is my travel packing list, so that’s what I’ll share with you today!
my travel packing list
I’m going to highlight different essentials and why I’m bringing them. There are the obvious categories/things like food, clothes, my phone, etc, so what I’ll be focusing on are things I might forget + are essential to bring to Gatlinburg!
- hoodies! // I can’t wait to bring like 4 on our trip! I’m not exactly sure how cool it will be, so I’m bringing t-shirts and jackets as well
- portable charger // Oh and a USB wall converter, so I can charge my phone wherever I may go haha!
- a few stuffies! // Mountain photoshoots, anyone?? 😍
- umbrella // Ideally, t’would be great if it didn’t rain while we’re there. 😉 But the skies might have other plans
- nail clippers // This is random lol, but on our trip to Ohio in 2014, we didn’t bring any nail clippers and had to go to Target and buy some expensive ones! I had a painful hangnail or something and needed to take care of it. So why not go to TN prepared 😂
- airpods // I don’t take these too many places, because they’re small and I don’t wanna lose ’em lol, but I think hours of being in the car are worth keeping up with ’em! 🎶
- dumbbells // I do an arm workout most days, so I was inspired to bring my 3lb dumbbells after finding out Joshua wants to use the gym at our hotel! I’m more of a home workout person at this point, so I probably won’t use the gym, but I can totally keep up with my arm workouts!
- first aid kit // Because if anyone has a headache, cut, or mosquito bite (hopefully not lol), we wanna be prepared!
- notebook! // I had the fun idea to bring a notebook or sketchpad to press leaves in!! I really wanna collect different leaves while we’re there and press them!
- snacks // We’re gonna buy most of our lunches and dinners while we’re up there, so I’m gonna pack all my snacks to save money! I’m planning to shop sales in the week leading up to leaving so I can save the most moneey
Thanks for reading! I’ll share a couple more posts throughout September for this series while we get closer and closer to our trip! 😍