Hey guys! Welcome to Maggie’s Doodles 🥳 Today I’m creating a tag I’ve wanted to do for a while! I introduce to you… The Music Lover’s Tag!
I went ahead and participated in this tag myself to get it started! You’re more than welcome to grab the questions and do the tag yourself – my post got quite long, haha. Oh and if you want to use the music note divider, you totally can! Just credit me.
♫ Thank the person who tagged you
♫ Include the rules and badge in your post
♫ Link back to the original post (here)
♫ Share your 5 current favorite songs + why you love them!
♫ Make a photo collage for a favorite song of yours
♫ Answer the questions + (optional) the bonus musician questions (if you don’t play an instrument, just pass on the bonus questions)
♫ Include a clean copy of the questions + musician questions
♫ Tag at least 5 of your music-loving friends!
♫ My 5 Current Favorite Songs:
I’ve been listening to some oldies recently! And by oldies, I mainly mean I liked these songs a while ago and I enjoy them again. haha
- Dear Patience ~ Niall Horan || This one’s so soothing, and inspirational too!
- Shivers ~ Ed Sheeran || Okay but don’t you wanna dance to this song? It has that quality about it!
- My Song Too ~ Hunter Hayes || This one took me a bit to like – the pace is kinda slow, and it’s one of the last ones I listened to on Wild Blue. But it’s one of those songs that’s really soothing to sing! It has a great mix of notes.
- Preacher ~ Hunter Hayes || This one’s sweet and sad. Also a fun one to sing!
- Missing You ~ Hunter Hayes || I made a collage for this one, which you’ll see below!
♫ My Photo Collage:
I made this for the single Missing You by Hunter Hayes! At first, the song didn’t really stand out to me – it kind of blended in with Hunter’s other music – but then I listened to it a few more times. I really like the chorus and softness of the song overall!
I worked with that collage until I felt like it matched the vibe of the song! Let me know if you think it matches after listening to the song!
♫ The Questions:
Who are your favorite singers? Niall Horan, Hunter Hayes, Ed Sheeran, Nathan Evans, Vianney, Shakira, Beckah Shae, and John Mayer! I end up liking a few songs by lots of different singers though, so I definitely listen to more artists than that haha
Who are your favorite bands? Maroon 5, One Direction, Anthem Lights, Hanson, and Leeland!
Which part of a song is usually your favorite? (Intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, outro) I literally made this tag so I could answer this question, hah! I really love pre-choruses – they build up toward the chorus and I enjoy how they sound. Bridges are also epic! Some songs have incredible bridges, and others are kind of a rewrite of the chorus. I’m not usually a fan of the latter.
Who’s an artist you thought you wouldn’t like, but now you do? Ed Sheeran! I remember seeing him on Pinterest over and over back in like 2012, but I was just getting introduced to lots of musicians at that time and I wasn’t ready to expand my music library yet lol. I heard Thinking Out Loud in 2014 and since then, I slowly listened to that one, Castle on the Hill, Galway Girl (those two really got me into his music!), I Don’t Care, Beautiful People, and Shivers! I’ll love a song of his for like a year or more, then find a new one
If you could only listen to one singer’s music for the rest of your life, who would you choose and why? Probably Hunter Hayes! I just keep coming back to his music. It’s the soundtrack of my life at this point
Which music genre do you listen to the most? Pop! I consistently enjoy it
Which music genre do you listen to the least? Real country. And by that I mean, I like plenty of country pop hits (mainly by Carrie Underwood and Hunter Hayes). I only like some real country songs when I’m at Cracker Barrel and it matches the vibe haha
Do you like movie soundtracks? Oh yes! I love watching movies and paying attention to how well the soundtrack was composed and compiled.
Do you have a favorite composer? Yas! Haha – Hans Zimmer!
What’s a song you love that’s in a different language than your native language? Beau-papa by Vianney! I don’t always love listening to it – it’s not super catchy. But I cried when I read the English translation for the first time. It’s definitely worth listening to!
What are some of your favorite seasonal songs? *is listening to another song while trying to answer this question, and my brain’s not loading haha* The Once Upon A Christmas album by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers, Baby It’s Cold Outside (especially the rendition by Matthias and Amanda Faye), and the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer soundtrack!
♫ The Musician Questions:
What instrument/s do you play? The piano keyboard and xylophone! And I have aspirations to play the guitar someday haha
What got you into playing music? Two songs in particular inspired me over time to play music! Storm Warning by Hunter Hayes inspired me to play the guitar in 2013, and How Long by Jordan Feliz inspired me to play the piano in 2017! I was able to learn the basic chords to play How Long, and since then I’ve watched YouTube tutorials and taught myself the piano. Piano makes a lot of sense to my brain, and I’ve understood it more the more I’ve played! Still hven’t done guitar – maybe someday!
What do you love about playing an instrument? It’s freeing and relaxing! Creating music to me feels incredible. Whether you’re playing someone else’s song, or composing your own, the emotions music brings about makes it a wonderful experience.
What’s a song you’re currently learning? I actually haven’t learned one in a while… but I need to learn the rest of the Mii Channel Theme!
What’s a song you want to play someday, but it might be too hard? Flight of the Bumblebee by Rimsky-Korsakov! I actually taught myself a teeny bit and about cramped up my hand, haha
What are some of the struggles of playing your instrument? My wrists cramping when I haven’t played in a while, or trying to learn a song I like and it actually sounds kinda poopie on the piano xD
♫ My Music-Loving Nominees:
The Questions List:
- Who are your favorite singers?
- Who are your favorite bands?
- Which part of a song is usually your favorite? (Intro, verse, chorus, pre-chorus, bridge, outro)
- Who’s an artist you thought you wouldn’t like, but now you do?
- If you could only listen to one singer’s music for the rest of your life, who would you choose and why?
- Which music genre do you listen to the most?
- Which music genre do you listen to the least?
- Do you like movie soundtracks?
- Do you have a favorite composer?
- What’s a song you love that’s in a different language than your native language?
- What are some of your favorite seasonal songs?
Musician Questions List:
- What instrument/s do you play?
- What got you into playing music?
- What do you love about playing an instrument?
- What’s a song you’re currently learning?
- What’s a song you want to play someday, but it might be too hard?
- What are some of the struggles of playing your instrument?
Okay, this post is quite long now haha! Thank you so much for reading!