hello!! welcome back to maggie’s doodles. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SUMMER FUN?? 🤩
i’m co-hosting the summer blog contests with evin this year! it’s an amazing event inspiring creativity, fun, and hey, a bit of competition!
‘summer of stories’ will be hosted here on maggie’s doodles, and you can go to a curly sue’s ramblings for all your ‘avenue of art’ challenges and information!
🌺 keep on reading for more info! 🌺
about the summer blog contests:
there are two contests – the summer of stories on maggie’s doodles, and the avenue of art hosted on a curly sue’s ramblings
how to participate:
follow the creative prompts (posted every tuesday until the 19th of july) by emailing your entries to email@example.com ! you can participate in both or just one of the contests.
what the contests are:
- summer of stories (here on maggie’s doodles!) includes creative writing prompts: short stories, poems, etc. 📝
- for the avenue of art, evin’s posting art prompts: drawing, painting, crafting, and more! 🎨 (unfortunately digital art doesn’t qualify)
do fun activities + let your creativity soar this summer! ✨
how to win:
get the maximum number of points by doing the challenges + following all the rules! (which we’ll explain more in a minute.)
🌺 the rules 🌺
- Bloggers aged 10 through 20 can participate
- You’ll have to share your email address, since that’s how you’ll be sending your entries. But the email won’t be shared, it’ll stay private.
- Make sure you stay within the word count limit mentioned if you’re participating in the Summer of Stories
- Each task is worth 5 points, some may be worth 10. if you follow all the rules, you get an additional +5 points.
- Every week, Evin and I pick our favourite submission as Judge’s Pick and they get an extra +3 points
- You cannot send in more than one submission unless there are 2 challenges/prompts that week.
- Do not copy other bloggers’ work – you can gather inspiration, but share your own take on it!
- No matter what place you get in the contest, don’t lash out at or be rude to others.
- Most importantly, have fun! that is the objective of this contest!
🌺 check out
for the FAQ! 🌺
🌺 age groups 🌺
10 – 13: Group A
14 – 17: Group B
18 – 20: Group C
🌺 prizes! 🌺
Winners will be announced a week
after the last prompt is posted (July 12th)
✮ All participants get an honorable mention in the winners’ announcement post!🏆
✮ All 6 winners will get badges to display on their blog with their name on it! 🏆
✮ Third place gets free printable wallpapers + bookmarks + a shoutout! 🥉
✮ Second place gets a blog spotlight on both of our blogs + a shoutout 🥈
are you guys ready for the first SOS prompt? 🤩👏👏 check out evin’s blog for the first AOA prompt! This week’s prompt is worth 5 points. Remember that you can earn an additional +5 points if you follow all the rules!
🌺 in 500 words or less,
write about a walk
on the beach! 🌺
i hope you have fun with this!! it could be funny, romantic, adventurous, there could be mermaids, or talking crabs… it’s all up to you! 😉
thanks guys!! i’ll talk to you again soon!
are you excited??
check out evin’s blog
to learn more
about ‘avenue of art’!