hiya! welcome back to my blog 👍 i thought it would be ✨ interesting ✨ to look at my most popular posts and figure out why they are that way! because, my friends, there must be a reason. maybe we can learn more about the secret to lots-of-comment posts together! 😂
first, let’s look at the stats box containing my most-commented-on posts! ’cause stats don’t lie 😎 haha
so, let’s see. i’m gonna find different patterns!
these posts have lots
of comments because…
- i asked for/required comments // on my birthday post last year, i asked if we could get it to 210 comments hehe! so i chatted with my friends all day 😂 another post that fell into this category are the We Dare You To Blog posts, because contestants commented links to qualifying posts and communicated with each other for challenges. the other two were asking for questions for a q&a, and a blog party. so by nature, they’re commentable posts – no content secrets, just giving commentors a reason to drop by haha
- they’re easy to comment on // follower milestones, exciting news, blog awards – i’m sure you’ve noticed how easy it is for these posts to blow up! they’re simple for people who are new to someone’s blog to comment on; you can drop by to say congrats or thank you for the nomination, etc.
- half of the comments are mine // just thought i’d throw this out there, haha! i respond to all comments and sometimes have conversations with my friends in the comments. that means the number of comments is cut in half, then maybe a bit more, then you get an accurate picture of how many people that post reached
here’s my outlook on sharing posts that get lots of comments:
it’s fine to publish posts like that, but i usually prefer to share my usual content more often.
it’s great to have content that people love responding to, but i’d encourage bloggers to prioritize sharing posts you love writing as often as you can. 💖
what i’ve noticed is that while 30 people may comment on a blog award, and only 5 people comment on a post where you shared inspiration from your life, the impact you had on those 5 people with the inspirational post may be greater than the takeaway the 30 people had from the award post.
numbers are not everything. and they cannot measure how much you help other people. 🥰
thanks for reading! i love doing funny/interesting blogging posts like this. here are some other ones i’ve written like this (and i have more planned!):
- seeing what you guys *really* think about my blog 😐😂
- did i… do *any* of my 2021 goals?
- relatable blogging moments