Is honesty still the best policy…
when the truth hurts so much? 😪
jk jk I’m totally messing with you
Hey guys!! How are you? (probably trying to interpret today’s title haha)
Welcome back to Maggie’s Doodles!
I’m having to get creative with this post today for two solid reasons. The first is y’all requested I do less blogging updates… and that’s totally what this post is… 🙃✌ (but I really wanted to write it eee) The second is you requested I do more funny posts, so I’m enlisting my sense of humor to present this to you!
How did I become aware of this feedback? Well, last week I asked you guys to take a Maggie’s Doodles Reader Survey, which you can check out here! I wanted the whole truth and nothing but the truth when it comes to your opinion of my content. AND THE RESULTS ARE IN!!
The funny thing is, for a while this site has been a personal blog, so I figured asking for this kind of raw, honest feedback was unnecessary. When I was primarily writing for myself, regardless of which posts you guys loved seeing and which ones weren’t your cup of tea ☕, it didn’t matter too much because I was having fun building my blog’s personality and content!
However 😎👏 (don’t know what those emojis quite mean, but I hope they get your attention lol), now that my blog’s been around for a year (ok maybe that’s coincidental 👀), I’d really love for my blog to be a place where all the posts popping up in your Reader from Maggie’s Doodles make you smile, inspire you, and add to your life! (That was a run-on sentence!)
So I took the plunge. You guys let me know what you love reading, and which posts you’d like to see less of.
*blinks because my train of thought for this intro got derailed*
*I blame switching tabs*
So now I’m going to analyze the results with all of you and brainstorm how this info can shape Maggie’s Doodles’ content in the future!
Are you ready?
Let’s delve in 😶
the results of my survey
the top 5 posts you guys want to see:
- photography // YAY!! I’m so glad photography made this list. I love sharing my photography and can’t wait to share more!
- doodles // thank goodness! 😂 these little cuties are an integral part of my blog, so it would have been awkward if y’all were like quit doodling, please lol (I did get one vote against doodles, tho 👀 idk who did that hah) anyway I have SO MANY doodle series ideas, and I’m glad you guys (well most of you 😌😆) will be looking forward to seeing them!
- funny // yay another top category I love writing about! But I don’t do it often enough! I’ll work on putting my funny hat on more when writing posts for you guys… I promise 😂 (yeah I know, the laughing emoji can only be used so many times before you realize my sense of humor is drifty. I’m a work-in-progress lol)
- days in my life/personal // this one surprised me! It was great to find out tho, because now I’m prioritizing taking more pics in my day-to-day life instead of thinking nahhh this is boring, they don’t want to see this. Apparently y’all do! Which is awesome, because I like taking pics and sharing posts about my daily life 😄💕
- blogging tips // YEAH!! Blogging about blogging is the best. And what am I gonna do about those 3 votes against blog tips? Nothing at all bahah
the top 5 posts you guys DON’T want to see
Here we go!! 🙈
- book reviews & health+fitness tips // tied for first!! So I’m okay with the first one, since I don’t read too much currently and writing book reviews would take some priority-shifting on my part lol. However the votes against health+fitness is sad because I was just about to start a series called #healthyhabits! Now I’m reconsidering 😂 It wouldn’t have matched my content too well anyway… at this point I might just share some inspirational posts on the subject instead of the whole series being health/fitness-based. Which I’m ok with! Thanks for your input!
- blogging chats & stuffies // tied for second place! I’m thinking blogging chats aren’t popular because they get… repetitive? Because I… throw them together when I don’t have something else to blog about lol? *tries to pick you guys’ brains without context* and poor stuffies! I’m totally fine if stuffie posts aren’t your thing. Don’t worry though, I’ll still share stuffie posts, but I appreciate the feedback! I’ll share a lot of other types of posts as well.
- blogging tips & days in the life+personal // 😶 …these made it onto both lists lol!! The tricky thing is, both of these categories make up a lot of my content. That’s awesome if you enjoy these topics, but repetitive if you don’t! Just like with the feedback on stuffie posts, I’ll continue to write about these topics, but I’m also sharing other content for those who like my other posts.
I’d also like to thank the survey voters who said they love all of my posts!! I really appreciate that 💖 My main reason for including this part of the survey was to make sure I’m not sharing any posts that you guys seriously don’t enjoy.
The biggest thing I learned is a lot of you aren’t interested in health & fitness posts. You’ll still continue to see all types of posts from my blog though!
Thanks for your post ideas, doodle ideas, and podcast inspiration! I’d chat about them in this post but that would give away epic spoilers. I can’t wait for you to see all the cool posts I’ll write with your ideas!! 😍
Alright, that’s a wrap! Thanks so much for reading and for participating in my survey. I really appreciate it!