So I have some great news and bad news.
(Nothing bad’s actually happening, I just gotta get something off my chest 😂)
I’m doing the aesthete blogger award today! *jovial round of applause* That’s the great news!
The “bad” news is I have LITERALLY been WANTING to DO this POST for… two months now.
And it just kept NOT happening! 🙃😂
So here I am today fulfilling my blogger dreams 💪
Sometimes you just gotta be your own inspiration and support system haha
In all seriousness, this award is great for many reasons! The name’s fun to say, the badge Ashmita made for it is beautiful, and the purpose of the award is unique 😍☀️🙂 (whopps wrong emoji) – 💛 there lol
Have you ever forgotten about/put off/waited to do a tag or award for so long that you forgot the lovely people who nominated you lol? 😂👏
I’m in that boat ⛵ Wait I actually saved the links, I’m better than I thought haha
Four different bloggers have nominated me for the aesthete blogger award! I’d like to give a big thank you to Heidi, Rayna, Sneha, and Geet. I’m gonna tell you a little bit about their blogs so you’ll be sure to check them out! 😍💜
- Heidi // Smucker Life ~ she writes a variety of personal and lifestyle posts! My favorites of hers are the fun monthly holiday posts, as I get to learn about holidays I didn’t know about!
- Rayna // Rayna is Writing ~ she’s hilarious, creative, and has a bunch of fun ideas! Have you read any of her bookish posts? Those are always really great
- Sneha // Read, write and believe ~ she’s one of the newer bloggers I’ve met and is really sweet! Her creative style is so pretty and I can’t wait to get to know her better!
- Geet // Geet’s Not_So_Secret-Diary ~ her poetry is SO wonderful! And I really enjoyed doing a poem swap collab with her recently!
Alright! Now’s the moment I’ve been waiting for 😂
World’s longest intro good GRIEF
IT’S AESTHETE BLOGGER AWARD TIME
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one(s) who nominated you!
- Mention the creator (Ashmita @ the Fictional Journal) and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
- And lastly, just so you know: I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!
Tell me something about this
world that you admire.
Kindness! I see it at work every single day – often, the smallest gestures have the greatest impact.
What’s your favorite form of creativity?
You guys could smell that one coming from a mile away
I get to write posts that are inspiring, encouraging, and creative! I get to make digital designs, meet new people, be part of awesome events, and have something to look forward to doing every day. 💛
Now it is time for…
*teeny drum roll 🥁*…
Me to answer zee questions! 😍
💜 Heidi’s questions 💜
1. What is your favorite way to express yourself? Well since I already put blogging as my fave creative form (wow😂), I’d say my sense of humor! I LOVE making others laugh and helping everyone have a great time. I do it in real life with voice impressions and observations, I do it online in my writing and in conversations – it’s lit STUFF. 👏 haha
2. What gives you inspiration? The people I care about! They all inspire me to keep creating, loving, and learning 💖
3. What is your favorite thing you have bought/received this year? I love the cube shelves in my room! Sponsored by Target 😂💖
4. What is your most used emoji? Oh uh definitely not 😂 …ok it totally is lol!
Those questions were epic Heidi! And now I will answer… Rayna’s questions!
💜 Rayna’s questions 💜
1. If you had to change one thing in the blogosphere, what would it be? The plagiarism, duuude – like there’s enough creativity and unique ideas to go around
2. Do you like baking? (inspired by my cookies – They just came outta the oven and yummmm) haha I love that add-on 😂 sure I do! But I go through phases… for example, the last time I baked was over a month ago. Other times I’ll bake once a week. You never know. lol
3. What’s something odd you like/love doing? Voice impressions! Is it odd, though? Eh
4. What’s your fave plant/flower? I actually don’t know… 😦 well cherry blossoms are super pretty!
Lovely lovely questions Rayna! I will now answer… Sneha’s questions!
💜 Sneha’s questions 💜
1. Do you like photography? share 1 photo of the best picture you have taken. I LOVE photography! *dances around like a photography-obsessed geek 📸* but wait!! One best picture?? There’s no way – there’s a best picture from every photoshoot I take. 😂 I have new favorites all the time! But here’s one I was super proud of:
2. What is one thing you love about your blog? The variety of posts! Sharing sooo many different types of creative/lifestyle/fun posts makes me really happy 😍💕
3. Who is your favourite blogger on WordPress? mention 3 bloggers whose blogs you like a lot. *chuckles awkwardly* Uh sorry 😂 I totally don’t like picking favorites!
4. What is your favourite sport? To watch? Basketball! To play? Badminton! (if playing didn’t routinely sprain my ankle 😂😶🤣)
Awesome questions Sneha! Now it’s time for… Geet’s questions!
💜 Geet’s questions 💜
1. What are 3 things you always have on you? (For ex. Phone, chapstick, and headphones) Yup my phone, and when I leave the house, my wallet and sunglasses 😂✌️ (’cause the sun’s rays doth BAKE mine eyes)
2. If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what color would that be? Probably gray! I was gonna say purple at first, but I wouldn’t wanna walk around looking like a plum for the rest of me life 😂 (so instead I’ll be a little rain cloud… oh well)
3. If you could create an album of your favorite musical artists, what’s one duet/collaboration you’d love to hear and what vibe would it be? Ooh nice question! Wait could Hunter Hayes and Rachel Platten PLEASE do a duet? 😍 they could do an incredible country/pop love song together! 💕💕💕 it would be heartwarming, upbeat and inspirational. #need haha
4. What is one underrated song you think others should give a chance? Um One Good Reason #InTheWildEdition by Hunter Hayes? It legit has under 50k views and I am head over heels in love with it. The lyrics are on the bittersweet side, but it’s heartwarming too. I just love the beautiful blend of low and high notes Hunter accomplished in this song! I’m gonna go ahead and put it here 😂:
AND NOW! (I hope you listened to that song because it hits different 😂)
It’s time for…
my creation! 🎨
Okay. 😂 this little collage project was super experimental and artistic, hence the interesting things going on with hue and saturation! (and it looks like… I’m the queen. 👑 lol)
I basically made an artistic collage with photos from Unsplash, then I collaged them on PhotoGrid, and fiddled around with the colors on Superimpose!
The first has an overexposed pink foreground. The second pulled all the pink out of all the pics, then removed all other colors. lol the third’s just black and white! And that last one is called… exclusion, I think? Basically, you’re inverting the color spectrum and it does some funky stuff. Doesn’t exactly match my blog style or anything, but I think it’s super cool to look at.
Here they are again in a slideshow so you can see them better!
There you have it! Which one was your favorite? 😂💜
my 7 nominees
Congrats to my nomineeees! You’re very welcome to do this award, or not if you’re not interested. I’m fine with whichever!
Thank you sooo much for reading! WEE I’m SO happy I did this post! 🥳✌️ it feels awesome to have gotten it done.
Hey: if there’s a post you’ve been meaning to do since forever, get up and DO it! 💪Well actually wait, sit down at your desk or with your phone or whatever. 😂 However you blog. And DO it. 👍
tHiS iS yOuR SiGN 😛
What am I doing
Happy Wednesday to you and I’ll see you again soon!