How pretty is that featured image, though 😍🍩💕💕
Hello! How’s it going? Ok wow it does not feel like a week has already passed since I published one of these posts 🤣 but here we go again.
I’m going to include a health update for me and my family as well, because the illness is lingering and has continued to affect some of us!
- Samuel has a throat infection that really took him out a few days ago, but he’s slowly starting to feel better.
- Two mornings ago, Izzy woke up with a bad cough out of nowhere, but after visiting her doctor, we found out it’s probably the same infection Samuel has (so it’s not pneumonia or anything bad in her lungs).
- My mom is doing sooooo much better! ❤ I just asked her about how she’s doing to be able to include in this update, and she said (this was two days ago) she’s about 75% better. Her cough is being managed by OTC meds, and she’s not having that horrible tightness and muscle aches in her chest and shoulders anymore. Her taste came back a few days ago! We’re so thankful for her health improving 💖 Thank you for your prayers and kind words!
- Elizabeth, my dad, Joshua, and I are all feeling quite normal now. There have been some random symptoms here and there between us (i.e. fatigue, muscle soreness, brain fog), but overall, we’re doing well.
adventures in texture
Has my ability to smell or taste changed at all since last week?
YES. When I went to wash my hands a few days ago, I promise that for a fleeting moment, I could smell the dishwater nearby! But then the whiff was gone ;-; lol but it gave me HOPE and that’s important. My tongue seems much more… ‘awake’ now, if that makes sense? It’s more responsive to certain types of foods (acidic, sugary, salty) and the very back of my tongue has the most activity. Maybe it will regain taste from the back to the front! 😂
So my ability to smell is at like a 1% lol, and my taste is like a… 15%, at best. Like when I’m eating certain fruits.
I’m very ready for my senses to return. 😎✌️
Do I have any food cravings?
Chocolate would be awesome, cheese would be great, and Doritos are gonna be LEGENDARYYYYY
*eyes light up* Wait a sec! That gives me an idea!
*changes title and total direction of post*
food I’m going to
eat again once
Originally I was just going to list my food ratings again. But that was going to get repetitive after two weeks of already doing that, so I’m going to share my FOOD BUCKET LIST instead! 😄💕
One of the best ways to help me stay positive through this has been to go I can’t enjoy this right now, but I will again soon! Same goes for nice scents I miss. So let’s see what’s on my mind to eat again once I can fully enjoy food!
These are in no particular order:
- brownies – no explanation needed
- CFA lemonade – MMM I need me some of this
- CFA sandwich – I had one last week and my enjoyment of it was like 35% so I need a new statistic hahah
- chips and salsa – Mom bought some yesterday so I tried them, but it was like eating cold chips 😂 super iffy
- pizza – all the kinds I love
- cheese – especially Munster and those awesome colby-jack cubes
- burger – from somewhere, maybe Mickey D’s, maybe homemade, I’m not picky
- coffee – I have it every morning but it’s just not the same! 😂
- crescent doggies – because that last experience was just embarrassing
- vanilla wafers – I ate one last week and it was so lacking that I nearly gagged haha
- coconut bars – ahhh they’ll be so lovely
- spicy chicken bites – Joshua and I got these from Longhorn Steakhouse back in December and I can’t get them off my mind lol!
- donuts – because, why not (I’m loving mini powdered sugar donuts right now because the texture of the sugar is really cool!)
- doritos – I mentioned them a little earlier in the post, then forgot to list them until now
- almonds – because they were too weird without flavor ;-;
- pb&j – since it almost got ruINED by my darn tongue and I reFUSE to let my love die
- macaroni&cheese – a nasty dish I couldn’t finish last week, so I gotta make sure this darling of mine lives on
- grits – again, a revival is needed 😂
…and so much more. 😎
- candles I like
- food cooking in the kitchen
- the pages of books
- fresh, clean sheets
- my morning coffee
- lip balm
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post. I liked doing something different this week 😊💕 I’m really looking forward to being able to taste again!