Hi chickadees and fellow bloggers! It’s Friday and on Chickadee Lover Maggie, I’m sharing a fun post with you right now! 😀 ❤
Today I’m writing about The Outstanding Blogger Award! ❤ There’s an open nomination (from Amy, where I basically nominated myself hehe), and the other three were nominations from Addie, Catie, and Hattush! All of these girls are awesome and have blogs which are essential in my Reader! If you’re not following any of them, I highly recommend you do so 🙂 Their content is fun, interesting, and creative!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
1. Favorite month of the year and why? October because cooler weather, jackets and hoodies, and warm fall colors! 😀
2. If you had to go without something essential in your daily life, what would it be and why? I’d turn off my phone because it really distracts me from activities I like more, such as reading, doodling, baking, and playing games with my sisters.
3. Who is your hero and why? My mom! She and I have been through a lot, and being able to support each other and understand what the other is going through has created a really strong bond between us.
4. Favorite book/author? I don’t have one particular favorite, but I just finished reading Rum and Razors from the “Murder, She Wrote” book series. It was awesome!
5. What’s your biggest achievement in life? Facing my medical fears and having a few surgeries and procedures done is something I’m really thankful I was able to do!
6. How did blogging make a difference in your life? It has given me a place to share my take on life and have a blast channeling my creative energy!
7. What is your dream vacation spot? Ireland, especially the Cliffs of Moher. TAKE ME PLEASE.
1. What was the best vacation you ever took and why? Going to downtown Dahlonega, GA was awesoooome! I love the shops, nature, and places to explore there.
2. What’s the phone app you use most? WordPress!
3. Where is the worst smelling place you’ve been? There was a factory near where my dad used to work that always emitted a HORRIBLE stench into the air. We could smell it from the road inside our car a good distance from the factory.
4. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name? A pseudonym of mine used to be Melody LaShae (when I was like… ten?) which I used as the pen name for a few books I wrote! I’ve always thought having a name with musical meaning would be fun 🙂
5. What is the craziest thing one of your teachers has done? Well I was homeschooled growing up so my mom was the only teacher. haha but one thing I remember her letting me and my younger brother do (because we wanted to, it wasn’t an assignment bahaha) was spend a schoolday morning BLINDFOLDED! It was an experiment to see which one of us could go about daily life for the longest and function semi-normally. I tried going up and down the stairs, writing an entry in my journal, and I think eating breakfast too… and I can’t even remember who won! Probably my brother since I don’t remember being victorious haha
6. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask? I’d ask why mosquitoes were ever created. But actually, the answer is that they exist to feed other animals in the food chain. But huMANS DON’T HAVE TO BE PART OF THEIR DIET AMIRITE
7. Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to speak? WOO! That’s quite a question. I’ll choose losing the ability to speak, because reading and writing is really important for me to learn, express myself, find enjoyment in books, and connect with others.
1. How are you doing right now? Really well! There are ups and downs to be expected in every day, but as a whole, I’m loving how I’ve been feeling and what I’m working on. ❤
2. Favorite scent? Frosted brownies fresh outta the oven. MMM.
3. Strawberries or raspberries? Strawberries because raspberries feel like they’re attacking my tongue
4. Ever listened to a musical? I’ve watched movie musicals (Sound of Music, La La Land, The Producers, and The Greatest Showman), but never a live one or just a soundtrack.
5. A random obsession? Admiring and squealing over miniature things at stores, out in nature, and anywhere there are tiny cute things.
6. Has a piece of fiction ever made you cry? Mmm yeah maybe when a character died, but I feel awkward crying or getting emotional about something that didn’t actually happen lol
7. One thing on your wishlist? Any “Murder, She Wrote” book because I’m loving that series more and more!
1. Do you like trail mix? YES!!! And I’d eat it more if it wasn’t so sugary and salty.
2. How often do you clean your ears? (Hey, the rules said unique questions!) Haha I dry them most days after my shower! *but why does the Q-Tips package say NOT FOR EARS ;-;
3. If you listen to AIO, who is your favorite character? I don’t so no one is. haha
4. Do you eat more with your fingers or with utensils? Um… I’d say it’s 50/50.
5. Do you like candles? YES!!! But of’times, my nose doesn’t. ;-; wow I’ve used that smiley crying face twice now
6. Do you like cleaning? Oh yeah!! It’s satisfying and I love that feeling of accomplishment. Digital clutter, housework, tidying my room – let’s get cleaning, people!
7. Do you like to vacuum? Yeahhh but I can’t say I’m a fan of the noise. It affects my ears. I do love having clean carpet, though!
- River @ River Writes
- The Little Novelist
- Marie @ Big Pine Writings
- Vanely @ Nocturnal Blogger
- … and the first 6 bloggers who comment
that they’d like to participate too!
*you can pass on doing this award – no pressure! and if you’d like to answer my questions in the comments of this post, that would be awesome so feel free to do that! 😀
questions for nominees:
- Do you have vivid dreams? If so, are there any you’d like to share?
- Who are your favorite YouTubers?
- Are there any instruments you’d like to learn how to play?
- Have you ever visited a country outside your continent? If yes, which one and what did you do there?
- How do you replenish your energy?
- How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
- If you could choose only one, would you rather go to Paris or London?
Thanks so much for reading! Congrats to the nominees and I hope you had fun reading my answers! (Those stock photos were great haha)