Hi! This is Maggie and you’re reading a new post on Chickadee Lover Maggie. Okay let’s be real for a second here. How is it already late September?? Where did THE REST OF THE MONTH go? It has floooooowwwwnnn by! It’s almost OCTOBER! 😀 October’s my favorite month out of the year, especially this year because it’s actually cool here in Georgia!
If you haven’t read any of my recent posts, I would highly recommend you check them out! I’ve had fun sharing my photography and talking about my personal experiences lately. ❤ Here’s a selection of posts below:
- a photoshoot with my favorite irish book series
- fun day at a nature reserve! | fall photography
- 5 ways to find new bloggers!
- 11 reasons why i’m not on instagram (anymore)
So today I’m writing about the Liebster Award again! Tia and Eleanor nominated me recently which I’m really thankful for! They’re both amazing, beautiful bloggers and I love reading their blogs ❤ If you’re looking for some new blogs to follow, I’d recommend visiting theirs. 🙂 ❤ Click their names to visit their Liebster Award posts!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to the blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate between 5-11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post.
Tia’s questions + my answers:
1. What’s your favourite book genre and why? I don’t have just one favorite genre because I love alternating between historical fiction, mystery, romance, and contemporary fiction! I’ll also throw in a classic here and there 🙂
2. What’s at the top of your bucket list, and why that? Again I don’t have one specific thing lol, but I’d love to explore more of the United States’ national and state parks, get married and start a family, and visit the ocean! It’s exciting to think of having a family of my own, and I love the outdoors and the beach.
3. Which celebrity inspires you the most? I’ve shared this in another post, but my answer is always Robin Williams! His sense of humor, acting ability, and love for people really encourage me to keep smiling, laughing, and inspiring others to enjoy life, too.
4. What’s your favorite time of year and why? Usually the middle of November, because that’s when it’s finally nice and cool outside in Georgia and the leaves turn beautiful warm colors! It’s the time of year when I can do very fall-ish photoshoots and wear my favorite jackets and I just love it. 😀
5. If you could be a mythical creature, which would you be and why? One time I wrote a story about a black pegasus, and he was pretty awesome, so I’ll choose that! Well I love horses and I wish I could fly, so it’s the perfect fit for me. xD
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be compassionate and kind toward myself. It is something I can work on, and I can begin with knowing it’ll take time to strengthen this quality. ❤ (I recently wrote a post on self-compassion since this is something I’m working on!)
7. What/Who inspires you? I’m really inspired by my mom, who’s been my best friend for my whole life, and I’m also inspired by my ideas and life experiences to blog and write stories!
8. Name your favourite dessert – justify your choice. I was just talking about this with another blogger! (Remember, Amy? 😉 ) Once upon a time, someone in the world at some point created the very first Danish Kringle. My family and I bought one from Trader Joe’s last year I think, and we tried it once we got home. It is now officially my favorite dessert. It’s rich, sweet, salty, savory – everything you could ask for in a dessert and infinitely more. It’s a beautiful blend of buttery, nutty, sweet croissant-like bread goodness.
9. What is the most peaceful sound for you? It’s a tie between gently falling rain and the wind softly dancing across the leaves. ❤
10. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be and what would you use them for? I really don’t know. I’d love to be able to fly, but I’m not sure what I’d use that ability for except to get around faster!
11. What dessert would match your personality? (i.e. if you were a dessert and that dessert matched your personality perfectly, what would it be?) Hmm I’d be a brownie! Brownies make people happy and oftentimes the corner pieces (the more difficult side of my personality, things I struggle with) make the brownie complete. I hope that made sense lol!
Awesome questions Tia! I really enjoyed answering them!
Eleanor’s questions + my answers:
1. What are you looking forward to doing when this pandemic is over and we’re no longer in quarantine? The #1 thing I’m looking forward to is not seeing everyone wear masks everywhere, and not having to wear one myself! Once there’s a vaccine and everything, of course. Although I have no idea how long that will take.
2. How have you been spending your time lately? I’ve been enjoying writing blog posts, going places outside with my family, and participating in other hobbies like doodling, playing the piano, watching movies, and reading!
3. Favorite TV show, movie, or book you’re bingeing? I keep on listening to the songs from The Greatest Showman! But I’m finding ways to get away from doing that because they’re stuck in my head all the time ;-; haha for example I’m listening to Maroon 5 while writing this post!
4. Favorite type of blog post to write? (You can definitely choose more than one!) Ooh good question! I love sharing my photography and talking about it; writing about my personal experiences to potentially help someone else; and talking about blogging / sharing tips from time to time!
5. Favorite part of creating a post? (The idea, the drafting, the finalizing, the aesthetics?) I seriously love the formatting! Adding colorized headings, making the key points bold, creating graphics (featured image, signoff, important quotations), writing LISTS – *fangirls* Making my content fun to write and easy to read is my goal!!
6. If you could learn any language, what would it be and why? Um French because it’s absolutely gorgeous (and kinda complicated if you’re not a native speaker, but what language isn’t), although I don’t have a single soul to converse with it in ;-; haha (also I watched The Intouchables subtitled last year and I love the main guys in that film)
7. If you could be behind the crew of any book adaptation (movie, TV show, musical, for example) which would you choose and why? Ooh awesome question! Hmm it would be EPIC if they made ‘The Dowry’ by Walter Keady into a movie! You get an all-Irish cast; pick a couple of film locations in Ireland for the town/nature scenes and a studio in London or Dublin for the interior scenes; you keep all the important scenes and hilarious dialogues IN the movie script because what’s the point of turning the book into a movie if you’re gonna scatter the plot and storyline away; and you get an awesome composer like Howard Shore to team up with an Irish pub band for the score. PERFECTION. (I had no idea how hyped I’d be for a movie to be made about ‘The Dowry’ haha!)
8. Who would you cast as the leads for the adaptation of your favorite book? *looks up Irish actors* No one’s standing out to me. What would be awesome is getting lesser-known Irish actors to play all the roles so that you could really see them as being those characters!
9. Which fictional world would you want a passport stamp from? I’d like to visit Middle-earth for a little while – not to encounter earth-shattering disasters and mythical creatures taking over everything lol, but to visit the hobbits! I love their homes and the way they live haha
10. Describe your perfect day in that fictional world. Eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and every other meal with Bilbo Baggins; meet his friends; take a tour of Bilbo’s house; and spend time outside exploring his neighborhood and the mountains!
11. Last but not least, which song could you listen to nonstop for an hour? At this point, A Million Dreams! It’s the best, most addictive song I’ve heard in a while. 😀
I loved your questions Eleanor! Thanks so much again for nominating me! ❤
- A Potterhead’s World
- Roshni @ Roshni’s Random Thoughts
- Allison @ The bookworm who reads
- Lizzie @ Above the Clouds
- Musings of a MaeFlower
- Bea @ The Beahive
- Esther @ Esther’s Nook
- Addie & Neria @ Life in Pajamas **
- Chloe @ Chloe’s Crazy Thots!!
- Paper Hearts
*if you’re award-free or want to pass on posting this award, that’s fine and I completely understand! ❤
**Addie and Neria, you guys can answer the questions together, or one of you can write about it, or you can pass. lol many possibilities!
questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What’s the best dessert you’ve ever had?
- What’s the last song you listened to?
- Your favorite way to spend the weekend?
- What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written?
- What do you love about yourself?
- If you could meet any famous person, who would you meet?
- Would you rather drink coffee or tea?
- What’s your favorite flavor of gum?
- What are you wearing right now?
Thanks so much for reading! 😀 I had a lot of fun with this post.