Hello there! This is Maggie comin’ at you with a new post on Chickadee Lover Maggie. Thanks for being here! I’m happy to welcome you. 😀 ❤
Today we’re talkin’ blogging tips! Here’s a little backstory: I’ve been learning about how to effectively discover new blogs since the beginning of 2017. Three and a half years of browsing the interwebs. hahaaaa (yes I just quoted little Bush 😂👏🏼)
I’ve met a lot of people and discovered a lot of blogs! So I’ll be sharing my tips with you today. 🙂
To begin, I’d like to share an analogy:
Let’s picture the WordPress blogging community as a huge city!
- For every niche, there is a neighborhood, apartment building, or similar housing where these bloggers (residents) easily connect with each other.
- Many of these communities are already established, but of course there are always homes for rent and for sale!
- Next, you have the houses which are within the city but don’t fall within a particular neighborhood. These are the residents who want to be active in their community and are still learning how to do just that. Without being part of a close-knit section of the city, though, this can be hard to do.
- Then you have the people from out of town who are searching for where they fit in to this bustling, busy city. They’re figuring out how it all works, but making new connections can be challenging.
Wherever you may be in the WordPress City, it’s a desire of most bloggers to continue to branch out and find new blogs!
I myself am a returning resident to WordPress City, which puts me in a unique position. I’ve been around for quite a while, but to many of the residents I’m new! Having the experience of an established citizen with the connections of a newcomer is an interesting experience to say the least. 😂
So! I started Chickadee Lover Maggie in the middle of August. I’m still working on how I want to furnish my home (content/design-wise) and who I spend my time with (meeting other bloggers). I’ve been reminded of how useful it is to have multiple ways of connecting with new blogs!
Today I’m sharing with you the top 5 ways I find new blogs!
how to find new bloggers!
- Browse the Reader! It can be hard to find relevant tags… but think about what you tag your own posts with! This is a good basis and starting point for finding similar blogs.
- Read other blogs’ comments! This is usually very effective. The people who are commenting are real bloggers who also want to make connections! I can blog-hop all day this way: I check out the comments of one post, pick a commenter, browse their content, look at their comments… all day long! haha
- Look at tag and award nominations! I just thought of this one today! When bloggers share nominations on their tag/award posts, you could definitely find at least one person to check out this way.
- Attend/Host a blog party! This is a very quick way to find others to chat with! You can look these up in the Reader and be on the lookout for the next one someone you know hosts. Even if you have a small following, a blog party doesn’t require a certain amount of participants! If you’d like to host one I’m sure your followers would love to come. (Make sure you bring virtual food! That’s always a hit!)
- Go to Blog Button pages! Some niches really like connecting with others this way! If your niche or one you know of does, visit their blogs and look for these pages. (Here’s mine!) You can also ask these bloggers if they’d like to swap blog buttons with you, too! Which will spread the word about your blog.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope this post gave you a few new ideas of how to connect with other bloggers!