Hello! Maggie here. You’re reading a post on Chickadee Lover Maggie!
I usually write unique, funny intros for my posts, but today I’m feeling a mix of emotions.
The number one thing I want to do on this blog is be real, where I’m not afraid to share how I’m feeling, because life has so many experiences that produce a wide range of emotions.
I do love being upbeat, fun, encouraging, and motivated, but there are days when I don’t feel that way and I never want to share posts on my blog reflecting something I’m not feeling in the moment.
Another thing that’s important to me to do on Chickadee Lover Maggie is to write posts when I feel like blogging. There have been many times where I wanted to talk about something I was going through, but I knew it wasn’t wise to open up about it when my feelings were very raw and intense. When I wait a little bit then share when I’m ready, it’s better for me later.
Alright, let’s get into the post 🙂
life update – august 30th, 2020
1. Two days ago, my dad was laid off. He had his job for eighteen years, and now they’ve let him go. After a long string of events that left him filling various positions within the company, management made the decision to be done with him. I was very shocked at first and worried. More than focusing on the stress of the moment, I keep finding myself looking ahead to how we’ll be doing financially, what this means to our family, and how this changes things.
2. My family has been facing different medical concerns. My mom is taking an antibiotic right now to fight off a tonsil infection which has also been severely affecting her right ear. Along with that, my mom, dad, and brother have been having varying levels of back pain related to past injuries and weaknesses that has led to the scheduling of appointments and seeking treatment to help all three of them.
3. My brother, Joshua, has been working a lot more these past few weeks. He’s been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember, because I was almost four when he was born. So, him being away from home working most days has been a strange transition. I have been able to go a few places with him and play some PS4 games he and I both like, but it’s obviously not the same since I’m used to seeing him several times a day. Now the majority of the week, it’s just in the morning and then in the late afternoon and evening. However, another update on his work is that he’s requested to be scheduled less hours this upcoming week because the workload was excessive and was affecting his daily life too much, so the first week of September will be easier for him, which I’m happy about. 🙂
4. I have different blog changes I’m planning on making. Most of these I’m reserving for the beginning of September, because it’ll be a new month and I will be in a different place emotionally then. I won’t say anything about what they are quite yet, as this post isn’t the bubbliest one I’ve ever written, but I am looking forward to carrying them out and sharing them with you soon. 🙂
5. I’m thinking about lifestyle changes that I’ll be putting into action in September, as well. The main reason I haven’t done them yet is because like I shared in this post, August’s focus (the second half of it anyway) was contentment. When there was a change I wanted to make in my life but it didn’t need to be done the moment I thought of it, I put it on my mental calendar for September. This has really helped me to enjoy what I’m already doing and look forward to doing new things at a certain time instead of just whenever.
6. When there’s a lot going on in my family, I feel it too. I care about all of them so much, and when one of them is hurting physically or emotionally, I’m right there in the moment with them until we make it through together. Thinking about how I’m currently doing, then you add the six family members who also always have something going on (exciting, confusing, hopeful, concerning) and that’s a lot of mental energy. People in a big family get it because they’re experiencing it firsthand, and while I wouldn’t change our family for anything, I still have to acknowledge that a lot of times, my overwhelmed feelings are probably from mental burnout trying to juggle, solve, and understand all the stuff we have going on every day.
So those are the main things I’m thinking about right now! Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂